Something Fishy Going On
Ginger will not eat. I went out and bought him a nice cod fillet yesterday and microwaved it just like the vet told me. All the while I was preparing it, Ginger was going wild with anticipation. I put the bowl down on the floor, he walked up to it, sniffed it and walked away. I was baffled. Normally, he gobbles fish up without hesitation. And to make matters worse, he had a little throwing up spell. Not much came out but foam. I called the vet this morning and she was a bit surprised too. They fed him cod yesterday and she said, "He slurped it up without it hitting the sides of his mouth." She said not to panic, he's probably a little out of sorts from being in the hospital for a few days. He should come around. But he wouldn't eat again tonight. Well, actually he ate a tiny little bit and then promptly threw it up. Brad has gone out to the store to buy some other fish, maybe haddock or plaice. The good thing is, that in all other respects Ginger seems fine. He is bright and alert. Last night, however, he drove me crazy. He kept crawling all over me, butting me in the face with his head. All behavior consistent with his wanting to be fed. What a puzzlement this is.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home