Rude Awakening
This morning I was dragged out of sleep by a curious groaning straining whizzing buzzing noise. I was groggy and first thought the sound was in my dreams, then slowly I realized the noise was real and I'd better figure out what it was. I hauled myself out of bed and discovered our boiler was the cause of the racket. I didn't have a clue what was going on. Eventually the noise stopped. The heat was still working. I had plenty of hot water for a shower. I went about my business and forgot about the groaning boiler. It was a pretty day, one like we haven't had for awhile. Brilliant sunshine. Blue skies. It was damn cold in the shade but it felt oh so nice in the sun. I've been working on the computer all evening. Time to head upstairs to bed.
Egads, it's icy cold in the bedroom. OMG -- the boiler! There really was something wrong with it. Those groans I'd heard this morning were its funeral dirge. It has given up the ghost. The radiators are ice cold. It's too late to call a repairman. Guess I'll pile the covers on and curl up with Ginger for warmth.
Egads, it's icy cold in the bedroom. OMG -- the boiler! There really was something wrong with it. Those groans I'd heard this morning were its funeral dirge. It has given up the ghost. The radiators are ice cold. It's too late to call a repairman. Guess I'll pile the covers on and curl up with Ginger for warmth.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home