Catching Up
Oh, I've been trying to keep up with my blog and document the days running up to our packout in July but I haven't done a very good job of it. Guess I've just been too busy getting ready for the move.
I've finally gotten everything sorted for Ginger's departure. We will see him off at the air cargo terminal at Manchester Airport on Sunday, July 9. He'll fly from there to Heathrow where he will stay overnight in the Heathrow kennel. He will depart London on Monday for BWI where he will be picked up by my sister JoAnn. She'll take him to the boarding facility at my vet in Maryland. I know he'll be in good hands for his journey to Maryland but I will be worried to death about our little purr boy. Of course the flight reservation is "provisional" -- I can't make a firm booking until two weeks before he is due to depart.
I've got the Volvo scheduled for a detailing on July 6 and to ship on July 10. Right now the Volvo is at the garage, though. A second brand new battery drained entirely flat after a few days sitting in front of the house. We are trying to determine whether it is just a faulty battery or if there is something else causing an electrical drain. Sure hope we get this figured out soon.
I've toured several potential guest houses and B&Bs for our stay in Harrogate while we are being packed out and have settled on a furnished apartment within walking distance of the city centre.
I've been going through every closet, nook and cranny of this house, sorting and organizing, making piles of stuff to go to charity, throwing away other stuff. I've removed almost everything from the garage into the house. Wanted to make sure all the original boxes for our electronic equipment have a chance to dry out. So far, everything looks in pretty good shape.
I think I've taken care of all the paperwork needed from the base. Everything else is to be done about 10-15 days before we depart.
I've finally gotten everything sorted for Ginger's departure. We will see him off at the air cargo terminal at Manchester Airport on Sunday, July 9. He'll fly from there to Heathrow where he will stay overnight in the Heathrow kennel. He will depart London on Monday for BWI where he will be picked up by my sister JoAnn. She'll take him to the boarding facility at my vet in Maryland. I know he'll be in good hands for his journey to Maryland but I will be worried to death about our little purr boy. Of course the flight reservation is "provisional" -- I can't make a firm booking until two weeks before he is due to depart.
I've got the Volvo scheduled for a detailing on July 6 and to ship on July 10. Right now the Volvo is at the garage, though. A second brand new battery drained entirely flat after a few days sitting in front of the house. We are trying to determine whether it is just a faulty battery or if there is something else causing an electrical drain. Sure hope we get this figured out soon.
I've toured several potential guest houses and B&Bs for our stay in Harrogate while we are being packed out and have settled on a furnished apartment within walking distance of the city centre.
I've been going through every closet, nook and cranny of this house, sorting and organizing, making piles of stuff to go to charity, throwing away other stuff. I've removed almost everything from the garage into the house. Wanted to make sure all the original boxes for our electronic equipment have a chance to dry out. So far, everything looks in pretty good shape.
I think I've taken care of all the paperwork needed from the base. Everything else is to be done about 10-15 days before we depart.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home