More About The Weather and Boot Sales
Yesterday, England broke an all-time record when a temp of 100 degrees F was recorded at London's Heathrow airport. Here in Yorkshire, however, things have cooled down a bit. Yesterday, Brad and I headed out, expecting to be sweltering in the sun. Instead, we were greeted with dull gray cloud cover and a surprise shower in the middle of the day. The sun came out briefly in the afternoon but today, right now, we are experiencing a torrential downpour accompanied by thunder and lightning.
Yesterday, we decided to go to another car boot sale (flea market). This time I had a goal. I've decided to look for toast racks (used by some restaurants and B&B's here for serving toast). Some of the toast racks are quite decorative, but I figured I could make practical use of one as a letter and/or bill holder. I did find a few toast racks at the sale, but to my surprise they were rather pricey! I saw a couple of ceramic racks priced at £18 and £55. That's about $28 and $88 respectively. Even if I dickered with the seller, that's way more than I planned to spend. Of course these racks were from the 1920s, or so the seller says. Guess I'll continue to scour the boot sales as well as charity shops for some more affordable items. And I'll continue to hone my boot sale technique by watching Boot Sale Challenge.
Yesterday, England broke an all-time record when a temp of 100 degrees F was recorded at London's Heathrow airport. Here in Yorkshire, however, things have cooled down a bit. Yesterday, Brad and I headed out, expecting to be sweltering in the sun. Instead, we were greeted with dull gray cloud cover and a surprise shower in the middle of the day. The sun came out briefly in the afternoon but today, right now, we are experiencing a torrential downpour accompanied by thunder and lightning.
Yesterday, we decided to go to another car boot sale (flea market). This time I had a goal. I've decided to look for toast racks (used by some restaurants and B&B's here for serving toast). Some of the toast racks are quite decorative, but I figured I could make practical use of one as a letter and/or bill holder. I did find a few toast racks at the sale, but to my surprise they were rather pricey! I saw a couple of ceramic racks priced at £18 and £55. That's about $28 and $88 respectively. Even if I dickered with the seller, that's way more than I planned to spend. Of course these racks were from the 1920s, or so the seller says. Guess I'll continue to scour the boot sales as well as charity shops for some more affordable items. And I'll continue to hone my boot sale technique by watching Boot Sale Challenge.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home