Ginger Update
I took Ginger back to the vet this evening. He is still refusing to eat any fish and I was worried since he hadn't eaten for two and a half days. It was a bit of a frustrating visit, I must say. I was not seen by the vet who I usually go to, but instead was received by her son. So, I had to explain Ginger's case to him and then listen while he virtually lectured me about how some cats just happen to have soft stools and if he were a garden cat we would be none the wiser of his condition for his entire life. I explained as evenly as I could that the condition of my cat's bowels is not normal and he did not have this problem until only fairly recently. Anyhow, we went over Ginger's history and reviewed his records and they have decided to put him back on WD. This is the food he was eating when we first moved to England. It's a prescription diet, so I can only get it through the vet. After my initial visits one and a half years ago to this vet surgery I had been advised to take him off WD. They said there was no reason for Ginger to be on WD and that he could eat anything he wants. Well, apparently, he can't. At least that is how it appears to be. We shall see how things go once he is back on WD -- I have it on order from the vet. In the meantime I am feeding him home cooked chicken. He is gobbling it up.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home