Thursday, September 08, 2005

Back Home

I got back home about an hour and a half ago. Everything went really quite smoothly for my journey home. JL dropped me off at BWI about 12:45 p.m. By 1:15 p.m. I was on the Super Shuttle van headed for Dulles. There were two other passengers in the van. I had mistakenly assumed they were also headed for Dulles but the driver dropped them off at two locations in the DC suburbs. I felt as if we had taken the Vince and Jody retrospective tour as we passed by very close to two places where they used to live. One passenger got off at the Warwick apt. bldg. in Wheaton and the other was dropped off on Georgia Ave. near Connecticut Ave. Despite the detours I arrived at Dulles shortly before 3 p.m. Did not have to wait in line to check in at the BMI desk. Breezed through security, then parked myself at the gate and read my book till boarding time. I got a window seat and (yay!) no one was seated next to me. There was another woman in the aisle seat of my row. The airline gave us a goody package with socks, mini toothbrush and toothpaste, and eyeshades. I'm pretty sure I got a good view of Baltimore as we took off -- I took some photos and hope they are halfway decent. The light over my seat did not work, so I read while we had daylight. After our meal I put on my eyeshades and managed to get in a few zzzzs. We landed right on time. I breezed through passport control. Did not have to wait long at all to pick up my luggage. Brad had arranged for a driver to pick me up at the airport. Then we began the long drive home -- it took a good two and half hours to get to Harrogate. The driver was a nice chap originally from Harrogate. I tried to stay awake as he chatted during the drive home.

It's so good to see Ginger again. He has been purring and cuddled with me briefly while I took a power nap. I am fighting to stay awake now. Turns out I missed out on a freelance assignment while away. Arrrgh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home