Little Italy

This morning JoAnn, Domenica and I visited with our relatives in Little Italy. It was quiet there in the morning and I was amazed at how easy it was to find parking. First stop was a visit with Anna, Sergio and Maria. Every time I step through their doorway I feel as if I've gone through a time warp. The place seems to exist perpetually in the 1960s for me. And Maria is always there, beautiful and lovely and kind. It was great catching up with them. Anna served us espresso, homemade ammonia biscotti and fabulous ricotta salada. Sergio showed us some of his latest paintings. All three of us sisters had brought our cameras and took pictures galore.
Next stop was a visit with Santina, Tina and Guido at Caeser's Den. Domenica had brought old family photos that Aunt Sadie had given her and we shared them with the folks at the Den who helped us figure out who some of the people in the photos were.
From Little Italy Domenica headed out to do some shopping, as did JoAnn and I. We went to Columbia Mall where I got the deal of a lifetime: a pair of LL Bean boots for eight bucks! (they were originally $65, 15% off sale plus I had 5 $10-off coupons. Woo hoo!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home