The Longest Hike
Today we hiked across Embsay and Barden moors. Again we were instructed to bring a packed lunch. I didn't forget mine this time. Listening to the weather forecast and considering we would be hiking up on the moors I thought it would be a cool cloud-covered day. Turned out to be surprisingly warm and sunny. I made sure I slathered on plenty of sunscreen, especially on my sunburned neck. The hike seemed to go on forever and ever and we still hadn't even gotten to the Cracoe memorial where we were to stop for lunch. I was exhausted by then and hoped for a short hike back to the car but it took about two more hours of hiking after our lunch. We had begun at 10:30 and didn't finish until 4 p.m. According to Mary Ann's GPS we had hiked 9 miles but Sheri's pedometer had clocked it at 12. I tend to agree with Sheri's pedometer. Whether it was 9 or 12, though, it was definitely my longest hike.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home