Traveling Italian Deli
Today I went to Donna's house in Ilkley to play Mah Jongg. As I was chatting with Donna inside, Carolyn came in and announced that the Italian man was outside. I didn't know what this was all about so stepped outside with the others to see. The Italian man drives a truck that is stocked with Italian groceries. He comes to Donna's neighborhood periodically because, Donna says, there are a couple of Italians that live on her street. I met one of her Italian neighbors and hearing her talk made me feel like I was back in Baltimore's Little Italy. When you step inside the Italian grocery truck it as if you are walking down a single aisle in a grocery store. There are shelves on either side of the truck, all stocked with Italian groceries. These are goods straight from Italy, not imported by a British company. The labels and ingredients are in Italian only. I was thrilled and yet disappointed at the same time. I picked up a few items but was disappointed that I only have about two more weeks in our house. How many Italian groceries can I use in two weeks?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home