Moving Day
This day has finally arrived. I think neither Brad nor I was prepared mentally or emotionally for this. We were up till quite late last night making the final preparations for the movers and were absolutely exhausted by the time we got to the furnished apt. where we will be staying for the next week. Even though I was so tired I had trouble getting to sleep. We arose early (I was not happy to find out that this apt. has no coffeemaker. Arrgh.) so we could get to the house ahead of the movers for some very last minute preparations. They arrived promptly at 8 a.m. Three friendly blokes who left Norfolk at 4 a.m to get here. They only brought a small truck and will concentrate on packing things up today and tomorrow and then will load the big van on Wednesday.
Ginger's big adventure began at 8:30 when I extracted him from under the bed to take him to the vet for his general health certificate (a requirement for departing the UK). All went well at the vet's. Then it was off to the Cosy Cattery where he will stay till Sunday when we pick him up to take him to Manchester Airport.
Then back to the house waiting around while the packers did their thing. They made great progress today and broke off at 2 p.m. Brad and I are at the library now catching up on email and trying to finalize our post-moving plans. We are putting together an itinerary in northern Scotland with a trip back to Harrogate and then on down to London where we will turn over the Mondeo to our friends Heather and Graham. We are considering flying out of London back home...
Ginger's big adventure began at 8:30 when I extracted him from under the bed to take him to the vet for his general health certificate (a requirement for departing the UK). All went well at the vet's. Then it was off to the Cosy Cattery where he will stay till Sunday when we pick him up to take him to Manchester Airport.
Then back to the house waiting around while the packers did their thing. They made great progress today and broke off at 2 p.m. Brad and I are at the library now catching up on email and trying to finalize our post-moving plans. We are putting together an itinerary in northern Scotland with a trip back to Harrogate and then on down to London where we will turn over the Mondeo to our friends Heather and Graham. We are considering flying out of London back home...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home